Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A toast...

I've been thinking a lot about my dad today. It's been a while since I've taken a minute to just...miss him. Sometimes it feels like a pointless and futile thing to sit and pine for the dead. Where does it get us, after all? It doesn't make them less dead. However, grief is like the ghost in Super Mario World.  It only goes away when you stare it in the face. If you try to run from it, it chases you and gets bigger and meaner. ...Yup. Yes. Solid analogy. I feel really good about that reference.

So tonight, I face the ghost. I miss you, Dad. I hope that if you can see me, you're proud of your Princess Morningstar.  I'm endeavoring to persevere, just like you taught me. And tonight I'm drinking a beer for you.

So, a toast to my dad.  The biggest Eddie of them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment