Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Let's Get This Thing Rolling...

Okay, so truth time.  The blogosphere intimidates the sh*t out of me.  Now, don't get me wrong; I've been reading blogs since I was about 13, and back in the days of OpenDiary and Xanga, I was all about sharing my adolescent woes with unfiltered abandon.  As blogs started becoming a means of artistic expression, however, I lost my gusto for sharing with the entire world how much I wanted a boyfriend and how lousy my hair had turned out from my last box job hair dying excursion.  Suddenly, I felt irrelevant and, frankly, boring.  I became an internet recluse, deleting my former blogs and changing the settings on my LiveJournal to private, no visitors allowed beware of dog KEEP OUT.

So why am I here, you wonder?  Good question.  I suppose I'm here because I am ready to challenge myself.  The past year of my life has been a whirlwind of changes, for better and for worse.  I am ready to put my thoughts out there again and to dare the world to put up with me.

I would love to say that I have some epic goal for this blog, like that Julie & Julia chick, because that's how you get books published and prove, once and for all, that your thoughts are valid and interesting.  For now, though, I'll summarize with this: I want to document my intellectual and emotional growth.  I have spent the better part of 2011 hiding from my fears and letting myself believe that other people have more to say than I do, but that's simply not the person that I want to be anymore.

So look out, Internet.  I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment