Monday, November 28, 2011

Five Things I Love...

1. Blackberry Sage Tea
The Republic of Tea
Though I consider myself a bit of a beer connoisseur, this tea really is my favorite beverages, period.  Drinking it iced takes me back to early college, visiting one of my Bests (William) in East Lansing and going to one of our favorite little shops in Okemos, The Triple Goddess Bookstore.  Afterwards, we'd eat next door at the Traveler's Club, where I was introduced to this delicious blend.

2. Goodwill Industries


I know that there are other nonprofits out there with similar aims for bettering the community as Goodwill (Salvation Army, to name the most obvious contender), and though I fully support all of them in theory, my loyalty is to Goodwill.  I love this company.  I love donating there.  I LOVE shopping there.  I am addicted to bargains, which is a good thing to be addicted to when you are unemployed and sitting on a heaping pile of college debt.  You know those people who boast about their $5,000 purses?  Yeah...I don't know those people, either.  But I got my purse for $2.50, and I get compliments on it constantly.  Win.

2. Tetris

This picture gives me goosebumps.
As a little girl (and boy), I begged my parents for video games.  My dad continually told me that I already watched too much TV, and he would be damned if he was going to give me another reason to sit on my butt all day in front of the "boob tube."  Now, looking objectively at my addiction to Tetris, I have to admit, I can see his point.  Some nights I lay awake, staring at the ceiling, imagining it as a giant game board.  It's like counting sheep to me.  L block...line piece...L-block...L-block...square...

4. Knee high boots

Steve Madden 'Dyme' knee highs
As a short, curvy girl, it is important to know the secret of the knee high boot.  It will make you look taller and thinner... IF you can find a pair that will fit over your curvy-girl calves.  And THAT is why I have an extremely love/hate relationship with knee high boots.  I recommend suede boots for girls who suffer from what I have self-diagnosed as "Fat Calf Disorder."  They typically have just enough give to slide over those honking log-legs of ours, and enough elasticity to stay up fairly well.  As for where to find them, I shop at Goodwill (see #3), so I couldn't tell ya.  Just keep your eyes peeled.

5. The Jaw Clip

Before you ask, no, I don't own a fanny pack.
Call me a mom from 1995 if you want.  I make no apologies.  Jaw clips are my favorite way of semi-tricking people into thinking that I maybe sort of tried with my hair a little bit today.  They make the front wisps of my hair fall lightly around my face in a flattering way that gives off that vibe that I've been working really hard and haven't had a chance to glance in the mirror in hours, but it's okay!  I still look good(ish)!

No comments:

Post a Comment